Sound Healing Apprentice Program | Winter/Spring 2024
*Registration Opening Soon!
Have you ever experienced a Sound Bath, or Sound Healing instruments, and left wanting to know more? Are you interested in learning about how Sound Healing works, what it's doing, what the intention is behind it, and how to play the crystal bowls and other Sound Healing instruments?
This Sound Healing Training Apprenticeship program, led by Kate, is the perfect place to start or continue on your own Sound Healing journey. In this program, in a weekly 60-90 minute lecture and discussion format, we will look at the origins of Sound Healing, what sound is, how sound impacts our physical, emotional and energetic body, and how Sound Healing can be used to calm the mind and body, bringing us into a state of homeostasis, the ideal condition for self-healing and acceptance. Kate will demonstrate how to play a wide variety of Sound Healing instruments including crystal bowls, gongs, chimes, drums, Tibetan bowls, Native American flute and much more.
If attending in person versus Zoom, you will then have the opportunity for hands-on playing time, where you will get to play with the wide variety of instruments Kate uses in her private Sound Healing sessions and events, and additional opportunities of assisting with Jeny and Kate's Sound Bath events over the course of the program. You can expect to graduate this program with a foundational knowledge of the science behind Sound Healing, personalized instructional coaching, the chance to play many different Sound Healing instruments, as well as learning how to set up and sequence a Sound Bath.
** ** Earn up to 50 Hours Yoga Alliance Continuing Education ** See below for more details.
Sound Healing Training San Diego
ZSB Sound Healing Apprenticeship - Curriculum Outline
Month One: Sound Healing Training 101
• Week 1 – Lecture topic: The origins of sound healing (Pythagoras, sound across cultures & wisdom traditions: creation, ritual, shamanism, mysticism)
Instrument lesson - Crystal bowls
• Week 2 - Lecture topic: Homeostasis, Harmony & Entrainment (Mind-Body unity)
Instrument lesson - Tibetan bowls
• Week 3 – Lecture topic: The Parasympathetic Nervous System & the Vagus Nerve (music changes physiology)
Instrument lesson - Steel tongue drum
• Week 4 – Lecture topic: Frequency, Vibration, Resonance & Binaural Beats (the biology of sound)
Instrument lesson - Wave drum
Hands on experiences (plans 2 & 3): Shadow Jeny/Kate yin yoga & sound healing class or sound healing event -Dates TBD
Month Two: Sound Healing Training 102
• Week 5 – Lecture topic: Sound & the physical body (cellular healing & the immune system)
Instrument lesson- Flow Chime
• Week 6 - Lecture topic: Sound & the emotional body (relaxation response & emotional healing)
Instrument lesson - Koshi chime
• Week 7– Lecture topic: Sound & the spiritual body (essence & unity of consciousness)
Instrument lesson - Bells and Tingshas
• Week 8 – Lecture topic: Intuition & Healing (non-local consciousness & intuition)
Instrument lesson - Rainstick
Hands on experiences: Shadow Jeny/Kate yin yoga & sound healing class or sound healing event -Dates TBD
Month Three: Sound Healing 103
• Week 9– Lecture topic: Sound healing for pregnancy, child birth & death
Instrument lesson - Monochord/Harp
• Week 10 - Lecture topic: Sound healing for grief & depression
Instrument lesson - Native American ﬂute
• Week 11– Lecture topic: Sound healing for pain reduction
Instrument lesson - Gong
• Week 12 – Lecture topic: Sound healing for stress & anxiety
Instrument lesson - Tuning forks
Winter/Spring 2024 Schedule
60-90 minute lecture and instrument schedule (Zoom/in-person):
Thursday at 6pm:
Feb Dates TBD
March Dates TBD
April Dates TBD
Graduation on TBD
Monthly “jam sessions” will be offered and are intended as optional additional practice and feedback opportunities.
1:1 practice session with Kate will be offered prior to your demo/graduation where your graduation sequence will be constructed and you will have the opportunity to practice your sequence with feedback.
Mock Sound Bath & Graduation Ceremony (plans 1 & 2) will be on Sunday Dec 10th (time TBD).
Note: During your hands on experiences and/or monthly “jam sessions”, you’re welcome to ask Jeny or Kate questions regarding the business side of running a Sound Healing operation if that’s of interest to you.
ZSB Sound Healing Apprenticeship Details & Pricing:
ZSB Apprenticeship Plan #1
• 1 x 60 - 90 minute lecture & instrument lesson session per week + homework
• Lessons are group sessions *Available live online or in-person in San Diego. If you’re unable to attend a session, recorded lessons will be made available after each weekly session. Limited space for in-person sessions - first come first served with deposit
• Includes two 2 hr shadow & assist sessions in San Diego per month
Investment - $2,600 (Payment options available) Fall/Winter schedule listed below
ZSB Apprenticeship Plan #2
• Private 1 x 60 - 90 minute lecture & instrument lesson session per week + homework
• Includes two 2 hr shadow & assist sessions in San Diego per month
• Flexible 60 - 90 min lecture & instrument lesson schedule
Investment - $3,200 (Payment options available) Fall/Winter schedule of your choice
Sound Healing Instruments
No instruments are required for this course, however, having a crystal or Tibetan metal bowl are recommended, and a great place to start when putting a sound healing set together. Feel free to ask Jeny or Kate about any instrument you’re interested in purchasing, as we’d be happy to guide you in this process.
Recommended Reading Material
- The Healing Power of Sound - Mitchell L. Gaynor M.D.
- The Cosmic Octave: Origin of Harmony - Hans Cousto
- The Power of Sound: How to Be Healthy and Productive Using Music and Sound- Joshua Leeds
- The 7 Secrets of Sound Healing - Jonathan Goldman
- Sound Medicine: How to Use the Ancient Science of Sound to Heal the Body and Mind - Kulreet Chaudhary
- Vibrational Healing Through the Chakras: With Light, Color, Sound, Crystals, and Aromatherapy- Joy Gardner
- Vibrational Medicine: The #1 Handbook of Subtle-Energy Therapies - Richard Gerber
- Tuning the Human Bioﬁeld: Healing with Vibrational Sound Therapy - Eileen Day McKusick
Why is it important to earn CEUs for Yoga Alliance?
As stated on the Yoga Alliance website, “In order to continue learning and growing as a teacher, all Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®s) must complete 45 hours of Continuing Education every three years. This includes 30 hours of yoga training, of which: At least 10 hours must be Contact Hours with a qualified provider, No more than 20 hours may be Non-Contact Hours, and All training hours must be directly related to one of our four Educational Categories, where you are learning something that is new to you.
Earn CEUs by submitting your graduation certificate: click here
Sound Healing Apprentice Application
We would like to get to know you more. Please fill out the application below before submitting your payment.
Reservation Deposit $650
Full Tuition: $2600-$3200
(Balance Due TBD)
Payment plans available!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information about payment options.
**IMPORTANT ** Email your first & last name to email@example.com once payment is submitted to be contacted with training details.
Available Payment Options:
Search Zelle via firstname.lastname@example.org
Katharine is a qualified Hatha, Restorative and Yin Yoga teacher. She was introduced to yoga by her mother at the young age of 11. As an adult, she was encouraged by a dear friend to develop a consistent practice, for which she did, and established a way to ground, center, and meditate. For Katharine, yoga unifies the body, mind, and spirit in a conscious meditative practice that ebbs and flows like the waves of the ocean. Yoga is infinite knowledge of our bodies, the collective and calls us to go deep within ourselves. Katharine practices yoga to flex, strengthen, and open her mind and body, to help stay in the moment and loves to help others do the same.
Katharine is also a Sound Healing Practitioner and Trainer. She is passionate about Sound Healing, her favorite instrument being the gong, which she finds to be a powerful tool in grounding and mediation. Sound, also known as vibration, is a healing modality that can bring us into alignment with our divine essence/our true nature. Coherent sonic environments/sound patterns such as "sound baths" recalibrate the nervous system, and impact how the brain is organized. Katharine offers sound healing experiences both privately, and in public groups.