My heart for Zen Soul Balance is to inspire others to live healthy lives.
Profoundly influenced by my younger sister, Olivia, and her struggle with cerebral palsy, ZSB was birthed as a means of caring for people from all walks of life, who desperately want to live above physical and mental dis-ease but don’t know where to begin or what to do. I believe that every individual possesses the ability to heal themselves from within and be resilient in the face of life’s toughest challenges. Just as a lotus flower begins its growth at the bottom of muddy, murky water, and slowly emerges toward the surface as a beautiful blossom, I aspire to guide people to a beautiful life despite their story, wounds, challenges and fears.
Based in San Diego, Jeny and Mark lead weekly yoga, sound healing, mindfulness/meditation, and nutrition classes for yoga studios and corporations locally and abroad. They also work closely with healthcare providers to offer wellness programming for patients struggling with long term illnesses such as cancer and others. They are passionate about serving their community and have volunteered with the following non-profit organizations: The Sean O'Shea Foundation, Live+Breathe, Urban Surf 4 Kids, Miracle 139, Oceana, and Surfrider Foundation.
Jeny draws from a vast array of educational modalities and life experiences to help others heal and transform their lives:
- Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher, RYT 200
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor, 200 hours, Science of Yoga Intensive, Bali, Indonesia
- Certified Yoga Instructor for Special Needs Children, 25 hours, Dallas, TX
- Certified Holistic Health Coach, Institute of Integrative Nutrition, New York, NY
- Certified Nutritional Therapist, Health Sciences Academy, Online, UK
- Bachelor in Communications, University of Houston, TX
- Board of Directors: Sean O’Shea Foundation
Mark holds graduate degrees in education and spirituality, and doctoral coursework in the areas of spiritual formation and leadership. His yogic interests focus on the intersection of meditation, asana and sound therapy.
- Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher, RYT 200
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor, 200 hours, Riffs Studios, San Diego, CA
- Sound Healing Certificate, 100 hours, Soul of Yoga, Encinitas, CA
- Sound Bowl Training, Soul of Yoga, Encinitas, CA
- Certificate of Doctoral Studies: Leadership and Spiritual Formation, Portland Seminary, Portland, OR
Keep up with Zen Soul Balance
Be the first to know about upcoming events and receive free downloads & recipes